Friday, January 15, 2021

[Life Blog] Rumbling 1-N - What is Up?

 Okay.

I guess, since I couldn't really pick up a book right now and do reviewers, I might as well write about the things that has been going on in my life.

For the most part, NOTHING. Haha. Well, you know, Ms. Rona doing shit all over the world is the primary reason for that. I mean, I don't really consider work as 'something' to do because my current job right now is kinda menial in my own opinion. It only involves processing, documentation, reviews of contracts and laws, client/interdepartmental interface, more reviews of contracts and laws and a whole fucking ton of meetings (which is going to be one of the topics of my future life blog).

I also do talk to my bestfriend (yes, you are :P) and my boyfriend (every single day and loving the time zone difference by the way, NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL haha), and my family too from time to time [yep, we don't really miss each other that much].

Online shopping is also a thing with me but it shouldn't really be the case because, damn, I now have tons of bags (big and small) with nowhere to go too. My increasing supply of snacks from Europe too is filling my cupboard and my chocolates are getting stale because I don't really need that much to go by for at least three months. I also already sold most of my Barbie collections as I am really trying to downsize and now, I am trying to get rid of my books [gonna post Geology books being sold in here very soon]. I have lots by the way but mostly historical fictions, mostly about the Cousins' War.

I am really bored. I am trying everyday to get some inspiration around me to, you know? Do something productive, do something with my life. I am trying to find ways to explore what I really want to do with my life, trying to see if what I love is something I can also earn from. I know that looking at places I wanna visit once this whole thing is over is not one of those activities but I am trying to convince myself that THAT can be an inspiration. 

I have a corkboard in my room where I put all the crap that I need to do in my life or the reminders about very important appointments I have going on right now. I try to keep it clean though which is kinda stupid when you think about it. I think it should be cluttered, right? It also has three photos of my boyfriend wherein he looks really stupid. Haha. In one photo, he unsurprisingly looks like Charles II of Spain. I tease him mercilessly for it.

What I was trying to say anyway? Haha. The list [thank you, Instagram for the inspo]! Okay, as of the moment, there are only seven bullets in here:

1. [Sunrise in] Amsterdam

Source: https://www.martijnkort-photography.com/shop/amsterdam-canals-during-sunrise/

2. Rolling hills in Bologna [or should I just say it is in Tuscany?]

I imagine myself doing some planking in here then rolling downwards the hill. Ah! I feel like it would be a nice feeling. I don't even mind getting hurt.

Source: https://www.1zoom.me/en/wallpaper/450227/z1692/

3. Petite Trianon & Versailles, France

The Petite Trianon which Marie Antoinette built and 'developed' and the Palace of Versailles which she graced with her presence back then, of course I want to see them!

Marie Antoinette was the reason why I get into royalties. Picking up a book about Madame Tussaud's memoirs and life works almost a decade ago, I was entranced by the lives of monarchs and the glamorous [and also the sad] social life and practice of this high society.

Marie Antoinette in a muslin dress
My favorite and what really got me into painting

Versailles

Source: https://blog.parispass.com/know-before-you-go-palace-of-versailles/

Petite Trianon
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=_q5NdsptMv8

4. Louvre (which is in France too)

I just want to see the museum and take an iconic photo in there. Who wouldn't?

source: https://www.louvre.fr/en/louvre-expertise

5. Luxembourg

Well, I want to go to Luxembourg to look for Prince Sebastien so that we can fall in love with each other and get married and I would be a princess too or something. Haha. I think he's still single and ready to mingle. Not gonna lie, there are not so many news from this Grand Duchy so I don't really know much tea about him.

Aside from that, according to my boyfriend (who hates whenever I joke about looking for the prince), it is possible to tour the country (or at least the landmarks you wanna see in there) in just a day. I don't know if he's lying or what but I'll definitely find out soon.


Source: https://www.neverendingfootsteps.com/i-love-luxembourg/


6. The Romantic Road [in Germany]

I mean, why wouldn't you want to take a trip on this road?

Map Source: https://en.schwangau.de/sightseeing/schwangaus-surroundings/the-romantic-road/

If I am being honest, I don't really know much about the German nobility. It's weird back then. The period that I enjoyed studying so much about is during the the reign of the Holy Roman Empire and well, during those times, Germany is not the Germany that we know now.

Of course, I've heard about the Principalities, Landgraves and the Electorates but...that's it. Also, German women at that time period doesn't really interest me that much. I think the most famous one that I know of is Madame Elizabeth Charlotte. She's from Palatine and the reason I know her is because she was married to the brother of Louis XIV of France and I've read one of her writings about being smart as a woman (probably would write about this some more because it was really interesting). I feel like they were not as glamorous as their French and/or English counterparts.

The reason I mentioned this is because the Romantic Road is full of castles. My heart would be so happy if I get to see all of them. Who would not enjoy seeing the famous Neuschwanstein Castle? Disney made this stupid-looking castle famous. Built under the rule of the 'crazed' king, Ludwig II of Bavaria, it's one of the landmarks of this Road. [I don't know if Ludwig is really crazy or he was just labelled that way because of his sexual orientation]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle

7. Ireland

How should I describe Ireland? I don't even know where to start. Obviously, I haven't been here but whenever I read something about it or see the famous places and landmarks of it on Instagram, it really takes my breath away.

I mean, the woods where Game of Thrones was shot is there, the Giant's Causeway is there, GALWAY is there, the beautiful DUBLIN is there and the Irish people are there! I think there is no reason to not like this country.

I am really looking forward to enjoy the bustling and loud nightlife of Dublin and taste that Guinness that they are famous for.

Source: https://www.evaneos.com/experiences/1598-experience-irelands-nightlife/

I know. This is so random but I plan to write more in here to have a space wherein I can share my thoughts and musings. I am cutting this short. I was planning to write more but my boyfriend called me and interrupted my train of thoughts [bittersweet].

Till next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment