Sunday, January 17, 2021

[Life Blog] Additional Places on my Travel List

Earlier today, my boyfriend and I looked at German cities because of the video I've sent him last night [I'm studying German and people are saying that I can learn the language better if I watch shows in that language. It's difficult to understand it most of the time because they are talking so fast but I am proud of myself when I can understand sentences they are saying there]. I really want to add more places in here for example:

8. Baden-Baden

Funny story. Even though I don't really know much about German nobility and how their divided states worked back then, what really amuses me was their long 'House names' [nobilities don't really have surnames but they have the House Names; usually, it's where they come from, the state that they rule or the prior surname of the founder of their Houses]. Germans have a penchant for long-ass words. I remembered giving all my sims the House Name of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, Baden, Saxe-Cobourg-Gotha, etc. 

As mentioned, Baden is one of those long-ass names that I usually give to my sims. Funny that I never knew how lovely this place is.

Source: https://www.civitatis.com/en/strasbourg/baden-baden-day-trip/



9. Munich

I don't really know why but when I was younger, every time Germany is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is Munich. Frankfurt comes second and neither of this Städte is not even the capital of Germany. I keep on researching it online, looking at places to visit there and I probably wanted to study there at one point.

My boyfriend said that the living cost there is insane. It's one of the expensive cities in Germany. OH. ALMOST FORGOT, OKTOBERFEST!

Source: https://www.britannica.com/place/Munich-Bavaria-Germany


10. Salzburg, Austria

AUSTRIAAAAAA! This is the country where Marie Antoinette was born! Anyway, the seat of the Holy Roman Empire back then was in Vienna but Salzburg has a really beautiful court too. 

BUT....that's not the main reason why I want to go to Salzburg. I want to go there because I am looking for a painting of Margaret Theresa of Spain. Sources sometimes say that this favorite painting of mine is in Vienna but I don't know YET. I just have to find out.

I just think that she's really uniquely beautiful and has a very tragic love story. I sometimes dream about her. I'm not weird though.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Theresa_of_Spain#/media/File:Margarita_Teresa_of_Spain.jpg


Source: https://www.salzburg.info/en/sights/top10



11. Abeerdeen, Scotland

Okay, don't judge me for this. HAHAHA. When I was younger, I pick up a book from my mom's collection which really intrigued me back then. This might sound mean but the book is of course in English. Since I was so stupidly ignorant (albeit young), I was so surprised because in my mind, my mom is not a strong reader and speaker of this language.

Anyway, out of curiosity, I read this book entitled, "A Gentle Feuding". Already enamored by the idea of a 'highland' and then finding out about the 'rugged and handsome highland lairds' this book really got me hooked up with the idea of Scotland. The main female protagonist, Sheena Fergusson, has thick, dark red hair. This is where I started loving that hair color (obsess with painting red-haired girls), need I say more.

Source: https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Attractions-g186487-Activities-Aberdeen_Aberdeenshire_Scotland.html


12. Queen Eleanor's Cross and the grave of Katherine of Aragon [England]

Perhaps, one of the greatest love story of all time that I've read is between the great King Edward I and his first wife, Queen Eleanor of Castille. You know, reading about royal marriages kinda disappoint you after the long run since most of them are dynastic marriages and because of this nature, they are often just cordial and/or unfaithful. There are only several marriages among royal couples that are actually described as 'loving' or 'close' and this is one of them.

Anyone who's a history buff would know who Edward I of England was. He was the king who annexed Wales to the English crown [he beaten up the Welsh!] and hammered the Scots in the North. Despite being a strong and courageous king (also lucky!), he's also known for his love to his wife. When she died, he ordered stone crosses to be erected at each stopping place on their journey back to London.

I want to see one. Periodt.

ALSO, Katherine of Aragon is perhaps my favorite princess of all time. I cannot tell you how many times I've read The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory and all other materials about her that I could find. For me, she's the real definition of a Renaissance Princess. Learned, well-breed and well-educated, she's not like any high-born princess during her time. Which is not really surprising since her father was the inspo of The Prince by Machiavelli. Her mother was the famous Isabella of Castille who was a queen in her own right which was highly unusual during those times.

This is getting too long. Haha. Well, I still believe that this woman was the real Queen of England until her death. I want to give respect to her.

13. Norway [the whole country is amazing but I won't add photos in here because it's full of mountains. I am a weird geologist because I'm scared to look at photos of mountains]

Northern lights and Lofoten. Periodt.


Will probably add some more in the future. It's really getting late.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment