Wednesday, March 31, 2021

[Life Blog] Update on my Application

 Okay.

So, I did not get in.

Well, I just did not get the scholarship but I got an academic acceptance. Still feels the same though because without the scholarship, I wouldn't be able to get there even after working for 10-15 years or so.

Of course, the announcement was met with disappointment and tears were shed. I think that was just a normal reaction when you really put all your expectation towards something. On the other hand, what's really funny was me stressing out on my possible thesis if I ever got it days before the announcement of results. I was really unprepared and all in all, I had a motivation that is not aligned with the program. For the most part, I was uninformed. My focus was only on one thing, forgetting the other important factor.

It was a truly humbling experience, not gonna lie. I also kinda expected that I wouldn't be able to get it because of my wrong priorities during that time that I submitted it. But, this is just a minor setback, of course, I will rise again from this experience. This is truly not soul crushing, rather, it just gives me more determination to strive harder to achieve my dreams. I know that I am meant for something great and it doesn't matter how long I would get it as long as I am working for it.

I am also indebted and grateful for all the people who helped me along the way. I've met some people who did not hesitate to help and cheer for me, even inspiring me and telling me about failures then the eventual success stories. There are at least 6-7 people who I contacted and gladly offered their support and help. I honestly want to make them proud in the next round. 

I also realized more how I am lucky to be with my boyfriend, he's such a sweetheart. He's so caring and acts as my primary support system in all of my struggles. I sometimes feel that I don't deserve him and whenever I would tell him that, he would just say that I don't get to decide who he deserves to be with nor who's deserving of his love. Haha.

So, for now, I'm just gonna prepare for the next submission. I can't wait to learn new things and explore my profession. It will definitely payoff.

Ciao.




No comments:

Post a Comment