Wednesday, June 9, 2021

[Life Blog] I got vaccinated!

 As the title goes, yes, I got vaccinated.

The vaccine was Sinovac but, you know, it's better than nothing. Honestly, if I have a choice, I wouldn't be choosing this one. I just tried to be open minded when my landlady, who works in the public health sector, told me that every vaccine we have right now hasn't been tested to the fullest of its 'ability' since all of them are just created and developed during the pandemic last year.

I encourage everyone to get vaccinated if they are being offered to do so and if it's available. You shouldn't also choose at the moment because COVID is still a real threat and any medication/vaccination we can get our hands on is preferred over getting sick.

In my experience, I got vaccinated by the local government unit of Mandaluyong. I got my first shot last June 1st and I would be getting my second and final dose on the 29th. I am thrilled and really happy that I did it and I am just not writing because I am a DDS or something but I really do care for my wellbeing and the wellbeing of the people I am close to and encounter with in the daily.


As for the experience during vaccination, Mandaluyong LGU are doing several steps for it:

1. Registration on MandaVax - do this prior to your vaccination appointment; the LGU will text you if it's already your turn to be vaccinated.
2. Go to the place of vaccination - currently there are two places I know of: SM Megamall and within the City Hall of Mandaluyong (where I got my vaccine).
3. Checking and Registration - they will just write your name again and confirm if you really have a MandaVax registration and if you really have a slot for vaccination. Ngl, there are still people using their power to get someone or their relatives vaccinated.
4. Screening - there is a screening area to check whether the person who wants to get vaccinated is 'fit' for the vaccine. I was told that there are some cases that they will refuse people who currently have an allergic reaction prior to vaccination. The usual questions though are the ones we are already familiar with regarding COVID (e.g. feeling any symptoms of it).
5. Waiting for your shot - after the screening process, you will fall in line again and wait for your turn. Honestly, it was really fast and I am gonna give that to the LGU of Mandaluyong. Everything was in order and everyone was trying to be really helpful.
6. THE VACCINATION - it was really painful. I feel like it hit a bone or something and not because it was the reaction from the vaccine. In my experience, I feel sore in that area for 2-3 days and I have to move my arm a lot or quite often. I did not do some warm compress at home though and maybe that's what I did wrong. The nurse who vaccinated you will also give you your next vaccination date.
7. Aftermath - after your vaccination, you will be lead to a group of doctors and the Observation Area. You will be informed about when to call Emergency hotlines regarding your vaccination and if you're having some weird and negative side effects. They will give you a list of stuff to watch out for, emergency hotlines (which was also written on your vaccination card, btw) and then they will ask you to sit around there and 'observe' for about 30 minutes to an hour (depends on the situation).
8. Go home and rest - well, here's the best part: going home. Mandaluyong LGU has this photobooth where you can take photos (of course, duh) to show off and say to the world that you got vaccinated already. But I wasn't talking about that, no, no, no. The best part is that the exit of the vaccination center is right in front of Jollibee. Haha. So I treated myself for some good old Jollibee fried chicken and spaghetti.

I am generally a healthy person in some way. I don't really get sick often and maybe that's because of my love for sour foods or just my strong immune system, lol. But as far as I know, everyone is at risk to get COVID so it's best to still get the vaccination when you can and as soon as possible and to follow all health protocols (even after getting vaccinated!). I still disinfect my hands as often as I should, stay 1 meter away from other people, avoid going out if I don't have to and generally taking care of myself through good food and exercise (the good food is a stretch because I still enjoy tons and tons of pizza and doughnuts).

Anyway, just want to share my experience with you. GET VACCINATED, please!






No comments:

Post a Comment